As promised here is the post about my skincare routine and the products I’ve been using religiously for several months or even years. I know this is a little later than expected, but when you’re displaced due to a fire, it gets quite difficult to blog regularly. But enough about that, let’s get to the good stuff.
Getting clear skin doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time, commitment and a little investment to achieve clear, glowing skin. There are several steps to follow, day and night, to achieve this. Before I get into the products, let me give a brief disclaimer. My skin is very important to me and taking care of it is vital in my eyes. Even though I do sometimes buy higher end skincare products, I don’t stand firm on the pricier the item the more effective it will be. Ingredients are key here. If you take a little time and look up information about your skin type and what ingredients would be most beneficial, you’d be surprised at the results.
If you’re not willing or simply unable to spend too much money on skincare, I’d suggest sticking to the most natural brands and the simplest ingredient list. The least amount of chemicals you put on your skin, the best it’ll be in the long run. But enough about the science of skincare, I’m here to show you what I used and what worked for my skin.
- Bioderma Micelle Solution: I use this every morning with a cotton round to wipe away any residue. I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin when I incorporated this light cleansing step. Instead of a full on cleanser with warm water, I found that just using Bioderma was a lot gentler on my skin and super effective.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm: This stuff is pure gold. It removes every single speck of makeup, it’s unscented, it’s gentle and feels so great on the skin. Taking off your makeup at the end of the day is so important in helping your skin heal itself at night.
- REN ClearCalm3 Clay Cleanser: This is my favourite cleanser by far! I keep going back to it, and it always makes my skin happy.
- Pixi Glow Tonic: A gentle, yet also effective toner that evens out the skin’s texture and allows serums to do their job.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Cucumber Toner: This is a great toner that is alcohol-free, gentle, but great at calming inflamed acne-prone skin.
- The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%: My skin really does love Vitamin C. This serum is affordable and really does set my skin off on a good foot in the morning.
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5: Nothing beats applying this serum after a long flight. Hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain moisture, which is essential after being so dehydrated at 35,000 ft.
- The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane: I believe in using Retinoid products a couple times a week to stimulate the production of new skin cells. This product is effective and so very affordable!
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: I cannot rave about this serum/oil enough. When I use it, my skin feels amazing the next morning. It hydrates, calms and evens out skin texture and tone over time.
- Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: My favourite daytime eye cream. It’s simple, it hydrates, it works.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye: The eye cream to beat out all eye creams. It rejuvenates the under eye area overnight and when used consistently it really does change the texture of the skin.
- Kiehl’s Centella Recovery Skin-Salve: I started using this in the very dry winter months and it helped my skin so much. It’s so incredibly gentle, but hydrates very effectively. If you have sensitive and dry skin I HIGHLY recommend getting a sample and trying this out.
- Life Medicated Acne Gel Benzoyl Peroxide 5%: This is, and has been, my go-to pimple fighter for many many years. My skin responds much better to Benzoyl peroxide than to salicylic acid.
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Mask: An excellent skin-clearing mask. My skin always feels sucked dry of any clogged pore after each use. This mask is also 100% vegetarian, which is always a good thing.
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty: Such a good mask with ingredients that are effective and simple. Kaolin, peppermint and honey are the main ingredients and those are all great for clearing and calming skin that is having issues.
These are all my tried and true tested products. I love them, my skin responds well to them, and I recommend them whole heartedly. I truly believe that these products paired with my lack of skin picking has helped clear up my skin and keep it clear.
Let me know which products you used to clear your skin.
Have a wonderful week!